Bible Genesis Vs Evolution
1. [Genesis 1:1 – Genesis 1:3] In the beginning God created heaven and earth . The earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light.
What scientists observed the nature and concluded that the first thing is the energy (light), then subatomic particles.
2. [Genesis 1:11] God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it." [1:14] And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night.
What scientists observed: Plants through photosynthesis maintain their lives. Photosynthesis requires light. Thus, light needs to appear before the plants.
3. [Genesis 1:1] In the beginning God created heaven and earth. [1:16] God made the two great lights - the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night - and the stars. Thus, bible implies that Earth is older than Sun.
What scientists found: the sun, the moon and the Earth are at the same age.
4. [Genesis 1:16] God made the two great lights - the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night - and the stars. “God made the two great lights” implies that the two great lights are in the same form.
What scientists found: moon does not emit light. Sun and moon are not the same form. From distance, say if you are in another planet, you look back to Earth and Sun, you will find that Earth is also a light.
5. [Genesis 1:11] Then God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation: plants yielding seed, and fruit trees of every kind on earth that bear fruit with the seed in it." And it was so. [1:20] And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the dome of the sky." Thus, in bible, grass, vegetables , and trees first appeared.
What scientists studied about the nature and conclude that: aquatic organisms are prokaryotic unicellular organisms first appeared
6. The Bible does not mention single-cell organisms, dinosaurs… while scientists found the fossils of dinosaurs and observed unicellular organisms under microscopes.
7 [Genesis 2:7] then the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.
What scientists know about the dust and human body: The main components of the dust are nothing more than silicon, iron, calcium, magnesium oxide; the main component of the human body is water , carbohydrates , proteins, fiber, minerals
8. [Genesis 2:2] And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done.
What scientists observed: new varieties continue to appear.
9. [Genesis 1:24] And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures of every kind: cattle and creeping things and wild animals of the earth of every kind." [2:7] then the LORD God formed man.
The definition of cattle is domesticated quadrupeds held as property or raised for use. In 1:24, human hadn’t appeared on Earth, how come there were already cattle?